ISMG’s Executive Roundtables focus on specific challenges being faced by information security executives in today’s cybersecurity landscape. Moderated by one of ISMG’s Executive Editors and a guest industry expert, Roundtables give cybersecurity professionals the opportunity to discuss threats and controls with a handful of market leaders in an informal setting, from which you will emerge with new ideas and solutions you can immediately put to work to improve your own organization’s defensive posture.
Outmaneuvering Threat Actors in the Age of Industrial IoT (IIoT)
While much of the public focus on connected devices has been consumer facing, there is a quiet revolution occurring as traditional industrial controls evolve to embrace internet connectivity. However, unlike consumer IoT devices, industrial IoT (IIoT) brings with it a whole new threat landscape, as IT converges with OT.
With an attack surface that is ever expanding and threat actors from lone attackers to nation states potentially causing critical harm, how can industries such as manufacturing, utilities, and transportation ensure that they are secure? How can organizations, where downtime is not an option, make sure that never happens? As demands for SCADA / ICS grow, how can you manage risk?
If you’re looking for new answers to these questions, then join ISMG’s Nick Holland for an exclusive roundtable that will draw from the experiences of the attendees, offering thoughts on how industrial controls can meet the demands of both security and efficiency in today’s connected environment.
Discussion topics will include:
- Where do you think your organization sits in its visibility and control of IIoT devices?
- What do you identify as your greatest vulnerabilities today?
- How do you manage the convergence of IT and OT?
- How do you move to a culture of situational awareness allowing you to outmaneuver inevitable threats?
- How do you get a handle on attack vectors including the internet, cellular networks, and GPS?
- What technologies and tools are best candidates for IIoT threat mitigation?
- What and where will investment will be made in SCADA / ICS protection for 2019 and beyond?
Joining Nick to provide expert insight and case studies is Christopher Blauvelt, Global Enablement Engineer – Operational Technology – from Fortinet.
Date: Tuesday, September 10th, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: 21 Club – 21 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019
Moderator: Nick Holland