ISMG’s Executive Roundtables focus on specific challenges being faced by information security executives in today’s cybersecurity landscape. Moderated by one of ISMG’s Executive Editors and a guest industry expert, Roundtables give cybersecurity professionals the opportunity to discuss threats and controls with a handful of market leaders in an informal setting, from which you will emerge with new ideas and solutions you can immediately put to work to improve your own organization’s defensive posture.
Advanced SOC – Evolving to the Next Generation Threat Management Capability
With cyberattacks increasing in sophistication, the traditional security nerve center of the enterprise – the SOC – is being held back by its limited visibility, the inability to scale to current threats, and a high dependence on the human analysts.
Is it time to move to the advanced ‘cyber SOC’? A CSOC integrates analytics, threat hunting and intelligence functions with traditional SOC functions, with an emphasis on automation; to achieve enhanced visibility, boost detection capabilities and provide near real-time incident response.
But the challenges lie around the actual build and execution, and how to evolve the threat management capability in a phased, incremental manner. The approach needs to be well orchestrated using next generation security technologies, and the aspects of optimization and RoI need to be debated effectively.
If you’re looking for new perspectives on the CSOC then join Varun Haran for an exclusive roundtable discussion where attendees will tackle such topics as:
- What are the challenges faced by traditional SOCs and how has the landscape changed in the current context?
- How is the CSOC architecture different from a traditional SOC?
- How can an effective CSOC be implemented and how is does threat detection and remediation enhanced?
- What are the initial benefits being derived from a Next Gen SOC deployment?
- Internal challenges, and how to engage and manage third-parties/MSSPs to run a CSOC.
Date: Thursday, February 1st, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Summer Pavilion at the Ritz Carlton: 7 Raffles Ave, Singapore
Moderator: Varun Haran