ISMG’s Executive Roundtables focus on specific challenges being faced by information security executives in today’s cybersecurity landscape. Moderated by one of ISMG’s Executive Editors and a guest industry expert, Roundtables give cybersecurity professionals the opportunity to discuss threats and controls with a handful of market leaders in an informal setting, from which you will emerge with new ideas and solutions you can immediately put to work to improve your own organization’s defensive posture.
Assuring Trust in the Age of Business Email Compromise
Email is the de-facto means of communication for businesses globally. And, with good reason – it’s immediate, universal and inexpensive. However, like much of digital communication today, the people behind the creation of the medium didn’t anticipate the degree of adoption and the inherent security risks from fraud.
So, with businesses around the globe so reliant on email for their daily existence, despite inherent flaws, what can be done to protect this channel? Is there a way to build a better mousetrap?
If you’re looking for new answers to these questions, then join Nick Holland at the 2019 RSA Conference for an exclusive roundtable discussion where he’ll draw from the experiences of the attendees, offering thoughts on how they have been able to ensure that their security organizations play a productive role in the future of secure email for both inbound and outbound communication.
Joining Nick to provide expert insight and case studies will be David Appelbaum, CMO for Valimail.
Discussion topics will include:
- How has the email threat landscape evolved in the age of cloud computing?
- What do you identify as your greatest vulnerabilities today?
- What are best practices for articulating email spoofing threats to executives?
- How can the communication divide between security and marketing around email security best be addressed?
- Where are you on the roadmap to protecting from email spoofing?
- What and where will investment will be made in email protection for 2019?
Date: Wednesday, March 6th, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Palace Hotel – 2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Moderator: Nick Holland