ISMG’s Virtual Roundtables focus on specific challenges being faced by information security executives in today’s cybersecurity landscape. Moderated by one of ISMG’s Executive Editors and a guest industry expert, Virtual Roundtables give cybersecurity professionals the opportunity to discuss threats and controls with a handful of market leaders in an informal and online setting, from which you will emerge with new ideas and solutions you can immediately put to work to improve your own organization’s defensive posture.
De-Risking the Cloud: Avoid Compliance Drag on Your Race to Innovate
Tom Field – SVP – Editorial, ISMG / Chris Bowen – Chief Privacy & Security Officer and Founder, ClearDATA
Every healthcare organization has to move at light speed right now to remain competitive. I am inviting you to a conversation that will focus on how to integrate privacy and security into a system designed to engage patients, so the rush to the cloud doesn’t create additional risk vectors and force understaffed and overworked security and privacy teams to continually clean up each deployment.
This session will address considerations about the value of DevSecOps and the “Shift Left” mindset, which focuses on testing and privacy/security-by-design earlier in the development process.
What are key considerations for privacy and security leaders looking to de-risk applications using cloud services, automation, and outsourcing? How can healthcare companies quickly deploy new cloud-based offerings during COVID-19 without putting their organizations’ systems and patients’ data at risk?
Please join ISMG’s Tom Field for an exclusive Virtual Roundtable that will draw from the experiences of the attendees, offering thoughts on cloud-based initiatives that aim to provide new services and offerings to their patients and customers – while keeping a close eye on how to reduce or eliminate security risk from design to run-time.
Discussion topics will include:
- What is the state of new cloud-based initiatives, and how are others integrating privacy and security into those efforts
- What is the value of embracing DevSecOps early in those initiatives
- How is the COVID-19 pandemic driving those initiatives and creating additional privacy and security challenges
- With the push for healthcare organizations to provide patients access to their digital health information, what new cloud security risks should you address
- How are cloud-based remote health monitoring and diagnostic services creating new privacy risks, and how can a “Shift Left” approach help
- With millions of patients accessing care via telehealth, what new risks are mobile apps and in-home devices creating
- How can healthcare organizations securely access and share cloud-based big data for new wellness initiatives and population health efforts that require fast deployment or scaling?
Joining Tom to provide expert insight and case studies is Chris Bowen, Chief Privacy & Security Officer and Founder of ClearDATA.
Date: Wednesday, September 16th, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM ET
Moderator: Tom Field
About the Sponsor
Healthcare professionals across the globe trust the ClearDATA HITRUST-certified cloud to safeguard their sensitive data and power their critical applications available across the major public cloud platforms. For healthcare organizations, customers receive one of the most comprehensive Business Associate Agreements (BAA) in the industry, combined with market-leading healthcare-exclusive security and compliance solutions, and multi-cloud expertise. ClearDATA’s innovative platform of solutions and services protects customers from data privacy risks, improves their data management, and scales their healthcare IT infrastructure, enabling the industry to focus on making healthcare better by improving healthcare delivery, every single day.